Thursday, October 21, 2010

Wine, Wine, Wine

What good wino could go to San Fran and not take a trip to Sonoma or Napa Valley? Certainly not the 3 of us, so off we went on a wine tour - no one had to drive so we could all taste, relax and enjoy. We went to 3 wineries, the first two were great, good wines, beautiful grounds, architecture etc, a delicious lunch was had in the town of Sonoma and one more winery post lunch. My favorite winery for setting was the 1st, Jacuzzi wines, it was a replica of the family's home in Italy.



Love this, nothing else to say

The Zeus Statue - he's wearing sunglasses for a comedic touch.

Not the most endearing photo but "proof" I was indeed there.



Cline Cellars, winery and vineyard - lovely old mission estate, with a Cashmere blend to send you to heaven.

Old Mission building

Grape peels

Frementation process

Aging process - wish this was all mine, and all Cashmere!


Sonoma - what a beautiful little town full of character. In the town square, it has all these little alleys that lead to groups of shops and resturants. We had lunch at Murphy's Irish Pub, with delicious Shepard's pie - I strive to make a Shepard's pie that Bryan doens't need to put ketchup or HP Sauce on...I don't think he would have put it one this one but you never know, maybe he would and then I could believe it isn't MY shepard's pie, it is ALL shepard's pie!


They had these funky painted doors as backdrops to the tables on the patio - I apparently rotated this one the wrong way (32 is at the bottom and upside down) ooops.

These 3 photos are of my favorite little alley in Sonoma, the only one we found done up like this, it is just beautiful.





Parts of Sonoma are part of a State Park - it had lots of character, and felt very patriotic.






Love love love the old buildings and all their character


Madonna Vineyard and Winery - the last stop of the day. I don't know if it was that the first two vineyards were very beautiful and there was more paletable, or that I was tired after all the morning wine and lunch but this one was disappointing. I didn't really enjoy the wines, the grounds or the staff. Kind of ended the winery tour on a sour note.

A disappointing cellar:(

The building was quaint but nothing special

The onle thing I really liked at Madonna was these picnic tables under the grape vine trelases.

Golden Gate Bridge From Fort Baker - this is an old US military base across the bay from San Fran that has been reformed to multiple purposes - there is a five star $$$$$ resort, the coast guard and a marina. It was a bus driver/tour guide's surprise stop on the way back from Sonoma - well worth the stop for the views!
Golden Gate and Fort Baker Marina - this photo was actually our bus driver's idea, I thought it was great, but I was the only one to try it, what does that mean?


The Golden Gate from Fort Baker Marina

Fort Baker from the Marina

I liked how the grass was blowing in the wind with the marina in the background. After I was back on the bus I thought, oh should have tried that with the bridge in the background! Oh well.
Myself, Mom and Linda
I found someone who knew how to use my camera to snap a photo of the three of us, however the wind still got the better of us! Oh well, we know we all went together and enjoyed each other's company, mostly!


No comments: