Thursday, October 6, 2011

Katie's 5th Birthday Party

 "Birthday Party" Girl
We celebrated Katie's birthday early this year, planned an outdoor party at Bar None Ranch where  the kids could run around at the playground, play on the pond in paddle boats and roast marshmellows. We've had a beautiful fall here and the hope was to take advantage of that by having the party earlier. The one day of rain in weeks was the day of the party. Although I was stressed at first we got the house ready and had a great time celebrating at home.
 The honeycomb cupcake cake
 I designed and decorated this cake for the final week of my cake class - chocolate with raspberry filling, it was delicious and looked so cute too.
 Cutting the cake
an
 Liam enjoying his cupcake icing, then he had to have a small slice of cake as his is our chocolate boy.
 Opening her pressies - thank you for all the goodies, she has been enjoying them already!
 Cousins and friends

Rachel's first bath in her tub. I've been bathing her in the sink in our room but she has outgrown it and graduated to the tub. It is not as convienent as there is no place to easily fill it in our room, so we have to trek to the bathroom downstairs and that means bringing her stuf downstairs too but she enjoyed it.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday Katie! What a big girl already, so hard to believe that all the Rockyview Babes of Oct. 2006 are turning 5! Time goes fast!

Mouland Family said...

I know!! I am now saying she is 5 although she has another week to go, and she keeps saying "No Mommy, I'm still 4"! I guess I should enjoy these days before she starts lyin about her age.

Grammy Mo said...

Beautiful pics, Katie,s cake was really nice. Her card is in the mail hopefully she will get it before her birthday.

The Morihira Family said...

Wow, five! I can't believe it. Love the cake / cupcakes. Looks like a fun class. Was it a Wilton class? Where were you taking it?